Professional Roof Cleaning in Franklin NJ | Somerset NJ Roof Cleaners
Our #1 service is cleaning roofs!
We would love the opportunity to do for your roof what we did for this roof here. The cost of this roof treatment was $499.00+tx. There is not much complicated about this roof. There just happens to be a lot of surface area not shown in this picture. Since we are not pressure washing this roof, the immediate results are roughly 90% improvement. The remaining 10% will come after a good rain that will rinse the roof of the detergent along with the dead bacteria that caused the stains.
Why do so many Somerset/Franklin homes have black stains?
Black staining is a bacteria called Gleocapsa Magma. This organism feeds on the limestone filler that is used to make the roofing shingle. Many insurance companies will force homeowners to address roof stains because they do not want to insure a roof that is being eaten away. This is more of a structural issue than it is a cleaning job. Most roofs will most likely need only one treatment in the life of a roof. I think its a pretty sweet deal to only have to address the roof once in its life cycle. Other than a once-in-a-liftime treatment, a roof is relatively maintenance free. The roof is probably the most expensive part of any home. Would you be willing to spend $500 one time in 25 years to prevent premature aging, premature cracking and splitting, and lowering the value of your biggest investment? Wouldn’t it be great to change the oil only one time for the life of an automobile?
Another benefit of removing black stains are that a blackened roof absorbs heat and UV. Its been proven that a stained roof increases cooling costs by up to 20% per cooling season. On this premise alone you will get a return on a roof cleaning investment.
Moss and lichens are treated the same way as black stains. The difference is that after these solids are treated they will die, dry out, decompose and fall off on their own. Each rain will knock off more and more moss. Many solids like these develop a deep root system into the roofing shingle. If you pull or scrape them off prematurely, you risk taking the roof granules with it. The result can be scars on the roof. It’s best to treat them and let them detach naturally.
What qualifies Thompson Roof Cleaning as the “go-to” company?
If you’re looking for the rock bottom cheapest you’ll find it, just not here. We’re are very competitive with our pricing but other companies that work with no general liability insurance, no workers compensation insurance, and work out of there garages are not professional and may even be doing this tyoe of work for beer money. We are not part-timers, landscapers, or handymen. Our only focus is exterior cleaning. We charge the right price to do the job, not just get the job. The following are facts about our company:
- We are a 5 Star Rated Angies List Company listed in the premier section of the directory
- “A” Graded business by the Better Business Bureau. Zero Complaints
- The Owner is 30 Hour OSHA Certified. We are officially trained for safety
- NJ Certified Roof Cleaners. Certified in Tampa Fla. by the Roof Cleaning Institue of America
- Over 60- 5 Star Review on Google, Yahoo, Yelp, Judy’s Book, and Yellowpages.com
Not many companies can make these claims. We work hard on giving our customers a positive experience. We know your home is your most sacred of places and most likely your biggest investment. We promise to try our best to exceed your expectation.
Most quotes can be givien over the phone. We have technology to look at your home online. We’re not just talking about Google Earth, but a software that gives us a 4 sided, 3 dimensional view. Our phone quotes are guaranteed to be accurate. There are no bait-and-switch shinanigans about it. NJ residents can call right now to receive a free quote (732) 726-9261